Saturday 21 April 2012

After One Year

     It has been a year since I started my college life. I have yet to answers the questions: "What is architecture to me" and "What is my philosophy". I think it is really important to have answers to these questions. But before those questions lets recap what has happened these past months.
     1. I have a new big family. At first we were just four people getting close to each other but as the days go by four turned to six then now we're twelve, or slightly more. Well, almost the whole FAR4. I love this block so much!
     2. A talent never discovered. I know that I am not as gifted as others are in my course but I am really happy and blessed that God gave me an opportunity to become a scholar and study in this unique and awesome institute.
     3. Teachers. There are ups and downs but we all get through, don't we. I am happy that I got some talented teachers. I can say that Benilde, or rather the Architectural dean chooses well when it comes to teachers and scholars. I would say all the teachers in Benilde are great and there are some who aren't or does not deserve to be in the faculty nevertheless it is up to the students to perform to the best of their abilities!
     4. LEARNER-CENTERED. First of all this has always been a La Sallian attitude or way of learning hence if there are others with this type of abbreviation or term it would have come from De La Salle Philippines. The term already focuses on the student rather than the education. Student comes first then the academic is implemented to suit or to be a help in modeling  the infrastructure of the school.


Downfall
     1. I want to be in a dorm because it will be easier for me  to go to school especially when it comes to my upper years.
     2. Transportation. It is hard to commute especially when you are far away from the school.
     3. Vices. There are a lot of things going on in college and this is the time wherein youth explore the world, especially those who comes from a close minded family.

No comments:

Post a Comment