Saturday 25 June 2011

A Journey

May 23, 2011.

First day of my college life. I don't know what to expect and what will transpire during this journey. I always ask myself if I can out do myself, if I can improve on my weakness, if I can with hold the meaning of "Lucent in Tenebris (They Shine In The Darkness). Can I be the light that shines through the difficulties that lies ahead of me? I have so many goals, and so I ask God that He'll stay by my side and together we could reach those goals. 

Many asked why I chose De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB), why not the University of the Philippines (UP) or University of Santo Tomas (UST). When you say architecture UP and UST are the first choice because they have been there for many years already (even centuries!). DLS-CSB's architecture is a baby compared to the others but the technology and the dynamics of the school and the course gives a better impact to me. The curriculum of architecture in Benilde is different from UP and UST, how so? The chairman of architecture combined two important aspects which is design theories (which UP is known for) and drawing techniques (which UST is known for). Therefore he combined UP and UST's important traits into one. The chairman also based the curriculum from international architectural schools not like UP and UST which is still following the old curriculum. Not only does Benilde offer a different kind of  curriculum compared to others but Benilde has a building dedicated to the arts. 
THIS IS THE SCHOOL OF DESIGN AND ARTS (SDA) BUILDING OF DLS-CSB

It is such a privileged to be a student of DLS-CSB. Whenever I enter through the doors of SDA I feel like I am going to attend something fun and something I would really want to learn. It is an exciting feeling, except I'm always nervous when something is due.  I guess I need more confidence with my work. But anyway the bottom line, I chose the right school for me. I don't know for the others, its their choice and their decision what course and what school they want to be in. For me Benilde is home. I know that I will learn a lot from my SUPER TALENTED teachers (sometimes I want to give up because their accomplishments are just WAY to awesome, but ONE day I will achieve those...no HIGHER. Got to think positive, right?) and my experiences in college will be different from everything else. 

I thank God for giving me a chance to study in Benilde, for giving me a scholarship that shocked me for life. For my ever supportive family, relatives and friends and lastly to the chairman who saw my talents and gave me the scholarship. 

God is just way to AWESOME for my life! He has a greater plan than what we have planned for ourselves.
Good day and to God be all the Glory!  

No comments:

Post a Comment