Sunday 26 June 2011

Activity 1: Space Map

The activity we were asked to do requires us to use our imagination. We had to come up with our own perspective of the spaces around us and how we feel in that space. 

Let us start the journey inside the SDA building:
1. Entering the SDA building

2. Stopping in front of the guard for bag inspection....SUCH A HASSLE. Why? Because you have to open your bag then after they "look" you have to close it again. What if you are carrying so many things? So you'll have to step aside and fix your things. 

 3. Though it may not be clear in the picture but after the inspection the wire goes straight then turns right and another right towards the machine where you swipe the ID's (Totally awesome ID's that have mini chips inside). Then up to the elevators.

 4. When I arrive in school very early the elevators are very fast and I have time to go around. And so my first stop is no other than the CAFETERIA! 

5. In the cafeteria I would normally eat there with my high school buddies until 7:30 am where in we go to our respective rooms. 

 6. Next is the class room. Then I would go back to the cafeteria then back to where I started.

TOP VIEW

Even though I spent a lot of time building the structure I forgot the main goal, SPACE. I failed to represent what I feel in that space (Cafeteria, Room, and Elevator). Now I know better. If I want a room to be built, how should it be like? How do I want others to feel inside that area? This is our first assignment and so I plan to do better on the others.





No comments:

Post a Comment