Sunday 26 June 2011

Activity 2: Lines and Everything Nice...


Next to our agenda is describing our favorite food.

I have a lot of favorite food and it so happens that the first thing that popped into my mind was Sinigang (to those who does not know what Sinigang is, its a Filipino food that has a sour soup and is accompanied by either beef or seafood). The next food that entered my mind was Leche Flan (a custard dessert with caramel). Since we were required to do only one, I chose the Sinigang.

And so what do we do with our description of our favorite food? We turn it into an abstract drawing! WOAH. How do I do that now...? How do I draw something sour? And so I started doodling until I had an image in my mind. When I got home I expanded on the drawing and tried to integrate it with our topic (expressing drawings through different mediums of lines). 


As you can see there are two heart beats before it goes berserk. When the soup enters your mouth it gives you the thrill hence the heart beat. The soup makes your stomach warm and comforting. That's why the line curves/moves.
This was taken in an angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment